7.09.2010

Evelyn - "getting her kid-groove on"

I attended a noon concert at Huntamer Park in Lacey and saw kids dancing near the stage. I thought this would be a great opportunity to practice shutter speed. This picture was my favorite because of the girl's body position, the bright colors of her clothes, and the movement that showed up with the slower shutter speed. I debated about cropping out the girl's foot and upper body on the left of frame, but opted to keep it in for interest and it also shows movement. I think another thing I could have done is to take more shots and maybe have gotten a foot in motion or a smile on her face.
Shutter speed: 1/30
F/10
ISO 100
220 mm
Nikon D40X

2 comments:

  1. My eye goes straight to her. I like how you can see her movement and you can see everyone else's movement, but your eye would bo straight to her even if she wasn't wearing those bright green shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo! She looks so determined, and focused, and the movement around her shows how lively the situation is. I like the composition as well!

    I think I would've cropped out the person on the left of the photo. I like the person on the right as a point of reference, but the person on the left is a bit distracting.

    Overall, I love it. It makes me smile! Good job!

    ReplyDelete